Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Snow Storm!


Last week we wrote about the snow storm. We made sure our stories had a title, an interesting beginning sentence and described what happened. Enjoy reading a sample of our FANTASTIC stories!!

The Nasty Storm
By Rory

We were eating dinner when suddenly the power went out! We lit the candles so we could eat our dinner. Then we played a game. I couldn't do my homework because it was too dark. At bedtime we had a fight with hail. I had to dodge Hannah's throws. It was cool.

In The Dark
By Jack

I was having afternoon tea and suddenly the power went off! Then I heard my sister say "it's dark down here!" Mum got a torch. My sister was learning a new song on the piano. Then there was light. I was sad because I like power cuts!

The Power Cut
By Solomon

I was outside with my dad's head torch. Then the power went out! It was scary. I got to stay up for as long as I wanted. I got to have a candle in my room. I played with lego. It was so much fun. In the morning I cleared the snow.

The Nasty Storm
By Poppy

Shalini and Freya and me were looking out the window... There was thunder and lightening! Suddenly it was dark and there was a power cut. We lit olden day candles. We were nice and toasty by the fire.





No comments:

Post a Comment